Relationships Community
I am always worried and have bad dreams what can I do?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

I worry a lot about death and dying and since I do I have nightmares and can't sleep last night I dreamt I almost killed somebody by throwing them off a terrace and how a bomb almost went off the night before I dreamt how I killed a dog by breaking his legs and a night before then I dreamt about being at a cemetary looking at people's graves and the graves had pictures of the person in it on it I mean this was scary what can I do?
From the previous post I feel maybe you are having these dreams thinking about dying due to drinking. Maybe it on your mind all the time? We all kind of know inside how much is to much & I think you do think you drink to much or it wouldnt be a worry. Try to slow down I am willing to bet the alcohol is having a effect on you body & causing nightmares.
Lisa, or Lisi whatever your name is I will explain to you my situation as to why I worry about dying. Some guy named Ron on yahoo scared me half to death telling me I drink too much and that I will die before I am 30 from cirrhosis of the liver due to drinking. He said 3 and a half glasses of wine (one bottle) is too much for anyone and that I am destroying my liver and possibly other organs with this intake. He also says he's been to funerals of is friends who died from cirrhosis due to drinking too much, he stated some of them were only 20 years old. I do not believe that any of what he says is true cause I find it very hard to believe 20 years olds could have cirrhosis from drinking because cirrhosis from drinking too much usually takes at least a decade to develop and then it takes quite some time for the liver to go into complete failure and so unless these 20 year olds started drinking when they were 6 it isn't possible for them to have had died at 20 from total liver failure. (cirrhosis) so I think this guy ron is trying to scare me and it's working. I mean I do not even drink that much (a couple of bottles of wine in a weekend and one on friday) so basically 10 glasses of wine in a weekend with nothing other days and I do not believe this drinking pattern is going to kill me if so then college students who drink much more then that on a weekend night out would be dead already so I just don't buy what ron says and I wish he would stop scaring me.
Perhaps you need to explain your "situation" to a therapist.  You may have anxiety that keeps your mind from being quiet and that is why you have the dreams, can't sleep, and drink.  The drinking could be to self medicate yourself. I would also say that drinking may impair your judgement and that is how you end up in situations that give you bad dreams. good luck
I do agree that the nightmares stem from your drinking.  On one hand, you say you are not concerned about it, but look tat he trouble it is causing you!? Try this--- cut waaaaay  back, and do the same things you usually do.  Or- try something different.  But I'll bet you will have A LOT more fun.   Seriously.  Try it.  I rarely ever drink, but I have an amazing time when I go out with friends.  It doesn't take alcohol to have a good time.
Any chemical that you put in your body, whether it's alcohol, pot or prescription drugs, affects your dream patterns. Some people have the Most outlandish dreams after drinking, while others remember nothing. I would not take your dream life too serious-it's probably just something that someone said to you, it upset you and now your subconscious is trying to work through the emotions of that. Not that big of a deal. It shows that you have a healthy phsyckie if anything when it was that vivid. The best thing to do now is to take care of your self. Listen to your body when you have a dream like that, slow down, breath, be with good friends who affirm you:) if you are not in a support group, I heartily endorse getting into one. It's like having a family away from your family. Take care and God Bless.