Relationships Community
Mild Dysplasia and sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Mild Dysplasia and sex

Ok so my girlfriend was diagnosed with mild dysplasia, and the only way she got it was from having intercourse before the age of 18, because I'm her only sex partner ever, she doesn't smoke, and she's my only sex partner ever too, so STD's are out of the question. My question: Since mild dysplasia is usually left untreated, will continueing to have sex make it so it won't go away? Or will it still go away?
I got diagnosed with moderate dysplasia several years ago.  It is caused by an STD called HPV, which is on the forum page so you can educate yourself about it.  HPV has several different strands, but the type that causes dysplasia does not cause warts like other strands.  It will cause you to become a carrier if you have unprotected sex with her.  That is all it will do to you, so if you sex with another woman you will give her dysplasia.  Mild turns into moderate if unmoitored or untreated.  I had to have a double treatment and have pap smears every three months for a year and then one every six months then yearly.  Please make sure she is diligent about taking care of herself and getting pap smears to make sure the dysplasia does not get worse.  I am sorry to tell you, but she had to have had sex with an individual with HPV in order to get dysplasia.  Having sex with her from here on will not cause any worsening of symptoms or make it go away.  HPV is and STD period.  It is the most common and most people have some form of it.  If she does not keep an eye on her dysplasia it turns into cancer.  I have been fortunate myself, that my treatments took and I still have HPV in my body but no cancerous cells/dysplasia left.  My pap smears have been normal.  I have always been honest with all my partners I have had sex with since my diagnosis and all of them were understanding.  I hope this helps you. Kristen  
There is no difference between mild dysplasia and hpv are the very samething and it is an std. Generally it will take care of itself. You can still have sex but I would suggest you use a condom, as it can be passed to you. Kristen has pretty well covered all the details so just be careful from here on out and if in time you have another sex partner, you need to be honest with them.
Where did you hear of mild dysplasia being left untreated. I  never heard of that. Did a M.D. tell you this. You are correct about having sex at an early age that could be the cause of it.

Dove
I thought dysplasia is caused by HPV?  Alteast that is was my doctors have told me.