Relationships Community
What activities / hobbies that build a relationships ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Other than sex , what are some of the activities or hobbies couples can share together to increase communication and build relationships ? Opposites attract . We had different interest  when we first got married 26 yrs ago , and still today . She doesn't like out door stuff and I don't like crapbooking ( Did I misspell that ? ) We talk about the kids , church and problems that come up , Then I run out of things in common to talk about . I'm trying to figure out things we can do together to have more to communicate about . Any suggestions .
Would you both be willing to try something completely new together?  Like volounteering together or a guitar class?  Something neither of you has done before and isn't necessarily the "norm" for either one of you?
I suggested  dance lessons , but we don't go to clubs anymore . I'm kind of thinking like you , but I can't figure , what exactly .
You can take dance lessons at a local dance studio.  this doesn't have to be in a class that involves others; it can be private.  You don't have to go to clubs for that.  The salsa can be entertaining at first, then could be a very sexy addition to your relationship.
i like the idea dancing all kinds there are lots of places to dance like square dancing waltz and there are places  that do not serve alcohol. i think there are still community dances also zoo museums arts guess i really never thought about it to much bring her some floweres and get your heads together and figure out  some fun romantic things watch her eyes light up when you give her a single rose . lots luck  jo
Board games are best.  Turn off the TV and play those.  Walks.  I recommend martial arts classes  so that you both maintain flexibility, good health cooperation and a good sense of play.  Plus you learn self defense he learns grace and neither of you get ribbed by your buddies and you gain the tacit respect of his friends.

In addition to this the basic philosophy is good for mental health.  I would reccomend a soft form like ju-jitsu.
My husband and I sometimes play cards or board games.  Stratego is a fun one.  Scrabble and Monopoly too. There are a bunch of card games that are fun too.  You can even play and watch a movie at the same time if you feel like it.  Or shut the tv off and put some nice music on and chat.  How about reading something together.  We've done that before.  We've had books that pertain to Child rearing or family life that we'd read together.  I'd read out loud to him and vise versa.  How about your church?  Do they have anything that you guys could get involved in?  How about volunteering somewhere like a Salvation Army serving dinners.  That is fun and helpful to others.  Hope this gave you a few ideas.  Best of luck
bowling sounds like a good fun thing and will keep you in shape and that is a fun game wish you both another 26 years of married bliss it is so nice to hear that someone is staying together instead of divorce         lots luck jo
"Crapbooking" that's funny!    You could try cooking together too.  We like cooking a nice dinner, getting some wine and then cuddling up on the couch watching a movie, we take turns picking out a movie.  He gets stuff I would never think of and I do the same for him.   Another fun thing is traveling together.   Go somewhere once a month and just explore a new place.  Doesn't have to be far away, just a 2 hour drive or so.  I live in the south and there is so much civil war stuff around.  Being a history buff, it's like heaven to me.   Everyone else had good suggestions too.    
how about some bicycles i have heard from lots of people all ages that they love this  jo
Try planning a trip together, whether it's a weekend getaway or a vacation this summer.  Once you start searching around for somewhere "new" to go, look at all the attractions and see what looks interesting to you both, it might amaze you what you learn about each other!  I recommend Gatlinburg TN for a family trip.  

Best of Luck
Isabelle