Relationships Community
discharge during sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

discharge during sex

a lot of times when my hubby and me have sex and when he pulls out to (get it out i guess) theres a thick white discharge at the base of his penis. It doesnt have an odor i dont guess, but it looks like male sperm and its so embarassing not to mention its just gross.
I dont want to ask my GYN about it. I dont know why this is happening or how to stop it. I shower every night and usually ****** after every period.
I also just got my tubes tied and we had sex for the first time a few nights ago and there it was and this is all i can think about while we are doing it...
Tags: sex, Discharge
Hi boxergirl, it actually sounds quite normal to me (BUT PLEASE remember that this is just my opinion over the net).

You don't mention how much there is - is it excessive? Because I certainly have some discharge during sex - it's the bodies way of lubricating the vagina for sex, this is normal. (aren't our bodies clever!)

Why can you not ask your gyn about this? Imagine what they've seen!!! It's absolutely nothing to them!!

Good luck, please don't be so embarrassed, you don't need to be.

Sara
Also, please don't ****** - it is so not needed and could even be causing extra discharge due to irritating the vagina. I'm a theatre nurse in ob/gyn and doctors always say DON'T DO IT! Not needed!
Why dose med help ** the word d o u c h e - it's not a bad word is it?!
its never happened before until about a year or so ago and its usually about the size of a quarter to half dollar and its a really thick and sticky , kinda like if you have a yeast infection. I dont get why it would just now start doing that and Ive also started having acne breakouts over the last 6 months or so (25 yrs old) and been gaining weight.. I dont know if all of this is my hormones or what... I just had my tubes tied a few weeks ago and now Ive been told that this can cause an upset in my hormones b/c of ovarian isolation..
I know that if you d o u c h e, that it can cause PID, but I dont do it all the time just when i remember b/c it just makes me feel better.
Your tubes were tied a few weeks ago.  But the acne and weight gain started 6 months ago.  Obviously the two are not backwards-linked and there is something else going on with the weight gain and acne.

I would go to bot an OB/GYN and also a general practitioner.  Get bot issues looked into.

And Sares is right.  Doctors have seen it all.  don't ever be embarassed about going to a doctor for help.  I was embarassed about going to my GP for help with depression.  I needn't have been.  He wasn't shocked.  We discussed what was happening with me and he simply wrote an intelligent prescription for an anti-depressant.  after that stopped working after a month (and caused insomnia), he switched me to a different one.  It works great.  No side effects at all.  I don't know why I was ever embarassed about it.  Doctors really know their stuff and are usually very compassionate people.
It is completely normal, when you have an orgasm you secrete a fluid.
I found this website that explains it.
http://www.holisticwisdom.com/services_female-ejaculation_what-is-it.htm
wow i just looked closer at that website...a little weird, sorry. But still the fluid that comes out during sex is normal and you shouldn't be embarrassed by it.
i know i shouldnt, but I am. I just dont get why it just now started after being together for 9 years.  Im going to make an appt with a different GYN and find out whats going on.
I knew my tubes being tied had nothing to do with it, I had that done b/c I am getting an ablation done (novasure) for heavy periods.. The GYN said that I had blood in my tubes wehn he done the surgery which he said wasn't normal.
Get rest assured and see a gyno and they'll take a swab and let you know what it is. With what you are explaining, it sounds normal; as long as it's white or clear in color and has no odor. As for blood in your tubes, I too had that because I've suffered from cysts in my tubes and they would break inside the tubes. It was just dried up blood,but if you are concerned, see a gyno. It's good to get checked at least once a year anyways. Hoping for the best & stay healthy!!
thanks, i have a checkup anyways on the 24th for post-op anyhow. I guess I will go ahead and ask him b/c it is bothering me.