Relationships Community
married but seperated

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

married but seperated

My husband and I have been married for almost 2 years and we have 2 kids.  We have been seperated for the past 3 months and I am starting to get really confused as to what is taking place in our relationship.  To start things off, we were living with his parents when we seperated, and he asked me to move out.  I ended up moving in with my parents and that is our current living situation as of now, we both live with our parents.  For about the first month of our seperation we hated each other, and slowly since we have been spending more and more time together.  We have spent a lot of time together here recently b/c his parents went out of town on vacation and we have been together pretty much all week, and I mean I have stayed with him all week.  The issue that I am struggling with is we get along probably the best that we have ever gotten along, we love spending time with each other and we both agreed that divorce is not in the future for us.  I don't understand why he wants to spend a lot of time with me, but then I have to go back to my parents house to live.  I feel like we are moving in a great direction, but there really is never any conversation about us getting a home together and being a family again.  He seems content living with his parents and having our relationship the way it is.  I am a 27 y/o woman with 2 children, and I don't want to live with my parents anymore.  I don't know if he just enjoys the comfort of momma and daddys house or if he isn't sure about our relationship and just doesn't want to tell me that.  I want to be a family with him again and have our own house to go home to, and I am at a point to where I am ready to move out of my parents house.  I just don't want to jump into a decision of getting a home until I know what is going to happen between us.  He really isn't giving me any insight and I have tried numerous times to talk to him about it, and he either just ignore me or immediatly changes the subject.  Does anyone have any advice as to what to do?
I don't see this getting better.  Are his parents okay with this grown man who won't move out?  

I think you should get a house or apartment that you can afford by yourself and wing it and see what happens.    Your husband is still emotionally a little boy.

Best wishes.
I second rockrose.

This "man" is not a man. His parents need to give him the tough love and boot his butt out. I think it would be a good idea for you to have your own place. Let him visit until he can grow up and act his age. He has 2 children he needs to be responsible for. It's time he grows up.
I would see how it goes.  Divorce is incredibly devastating. I wouldn't suggest that unless it's an absolute last resort.  Sometimes, I know for me, it's scary to be committed for life.  And just some time away is good.  Maybe that's what this is.  
When you guys are getting along well and are alone bring it up softly.  It could be the stress of living with parents why you guys are separated too.. You just never know.  If it really is the best of both worlds and he has a wife he doesn't have to learn to live with and mommy and daddy to take care of that just can't work.  He needs to grow up and move out and needs to learn to live with you instead.  But if it is fear or feeling suffocated then it just needs time.....
I hope he figures it out and you guys can be together again.  
My biggest suggestion is to talk nicely to him and try to figure out where he stands and what his plans are for you guys future.