Respiratory Disorders Community
Blood in sputum eventhough I don't have cough

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I am 32yrs old and i had a history of asthma and pneumonia a year ago. There was cough, fever, and weakness. I was hospitalized. But was totally healed because of antibiotics and rest. Right now, one morning when i spit a morning spit, there was speck of blood. I was afraid. I didn't have cough, nor fever. One thing i was wrong of is that i lack rest. For 2 weeks i sleep 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning. I feel weak and i believe i just need some sleep. My back hurts due to nature of my work. What do you think is the cause of speck of blood in my sputum? It's not often though since i tried to force to get mucus to see if blood is still there, just sometimes. What do you think this is? What should i do? Do you any home medication? Thanks and God bless!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Spitting up blood could be due to an infection a sinus infection or a lung infection. It may not be related to your prior infection. Sometimes trauma to the lungs can cause this or it could just be throat irritation. Would advise you to consult your primary care physician for evaluation and therapy  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.