Can't stop coughing (over a month)
I have been coughing since super bowl sunday (Feb. 7th).  It has gone through various stages.  It started out like a small cold (for about a week), then it progressed into a horrible dry hacking cough.  For approximately 1.5 weeks my cough was deep and barking.  I would cough to the point of dry heaving.  I went to the health center twice (i'm a poor college student) and they said it was bronchitis the first time, and said that "whooping cough" was a concern the second time.  

I was put on cough pills, antibiotics (z-pack), and two inhalers (symbicort, and ventolin).  My cough continued for another week and a half, then it got better.  I started having a shallow cough and was coughing up a great deal of mucus.  I stopped taking my inhalers.  I started to get better, although my cough continued.

On Sunday I felt congested, like I was developing a head cold.  My cough started to get worse again.  I am on day two of my cough being horrible again.  It sounds really mucusy although i'm not coughing much much.  My phelm has always been clear.  I'm having trouble inhaling during my coughs.  I'm coughing to the point of dry heaving and choking.  My eyes will water and I get light-headed.  What should I do?  I left my inhalers at school (it's my spring break) and I can't retrieve them?  What's wrong with me??
I know this sounds really silly but have you have your heart throuroghly checked?
I know someone is Australia that had similar symptons to you,,,,, then they died . NAH just kidding they were given tablets for a heart condition many years ago and are quit fine and sportingly active. When he was coughing he missed out on sports for over a year. Anyway just have a complete heart checkup i suppose luv. Good luck OK sweety. Try not to get depressed even though its hard