Respiratory Disorders Community
Chest pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Chest pain

First of all sorry for my english :D I am a 21 year old female, 3 months ago i had flu and after i had bronchitis. then i felt better but after about a month i had again difficulty breathing,chest pains,and dizziness i went and had a chest x-ray it turned out to be bronchitis again with hyperinflation. My doctor gave me some antibiotics. Now after 3 weeks or so i feel fatigue sometime with dizziness with stomach ache and my lungs heart when i cough or when i breath deep sometimes. I had chest x-ray today and everything is normal. P.S. i used to smoke for 4 years but now i quit maybe in a month i had only 2 or 3 cigarettes. Could i have an allergy ( my boyfriend has a dog could this be an allergy for dogs)? or could it be lung cancer ( my x-rays turned out normal could this be lung cancer but it didn't show)? or could this be cause i stopped smoking a month ago and my lungs are still fixing themselves or something like that??? pls help i need some help Thank you
Hey there,

first off congrats for stopping to smoke...good for you, you should see a different in your overall health, including your taste buds, they will become much more sensitive to things like salt, spices and so on!
It sounds like you had a bad case of bronchitis, with cough and all! I had a URI (upper respiratory infection), was put on antibiotics, got better for awhile, but then it all came back with dizziness, shortness of breath, some pain in my chest and lungs when I took a deep breath and some chest pain, plus I was literally drained, totally exhausted! Scared the heck out me...I went back to the doctor, took xray's, labs and everything checked out just fine! My doctor told me that sometimes the the infection that causes URI or Bronchitits, etc., just takes it's own sweet time to eventually go away. My URI took 6 weeks AFTER the antibiotic treatmet to finally go away! I figured the chest pain came from straining the whole rib cage when I did lots of coughing during the first part of my illness, so I'm pretty sure that this might be the case with you!
How long have you been around your boyfriends dog? Did you just recently met the dog, are your eyes watering and you sneeze a lot? Then it might be allergy (shot could fix that), but if you have been around the dog for awhile, I don't think that your symptoms could be blamed on the doggie :)

Relax & stop worrying, I am sure, in a few weeks, you will see that everything is fine & all of those worrysome symptoms will be gone.

Hope this helps,