Congestion and difficult breathing
I started out with a running nose, and sneezing, then it turned to a rattle congested lungs and now difficult breathing, Ventolin is not working very well. I have had asthma for 48 years but it has been in remission for almost 18 years, I still carry a breather just in case. I am in Cozumel mexico and am in humid weather and hot. I am from dry Colorado.
Sorry you haven't gotten any helpful inputs... but, an old (I mean old both in age and in time away) Colorado boy myself, I respond more in that vein than in a helpful one.

Hope by now you are doing better, back in Colorado yet?  I'd guess Mexico near the Ocean would be easier on breathing, but what do I know?  I do know when I go to Colorado after living near the Atlantic for 40 years I deal okay with the altitude and breathing.  But I no longer go up steep hills or run : (

If you are not better, hope you are under a doctor's care, that may be best done when back in the USA if you can wait that long.