Respiratory Disorders Community
DUST & Bronchomalacia & Tracheomalacia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

DUST & Bronchomalacia & Tracheomalacia

Good Morning,

Do you you know of any websites I can look on for irritants to avoid with Bronchomalaica, and severe distal tracheomalacia, I ahve a 9 year old son who has this condition.

We live in a suburb in the Gold Coast Australia that has a landfill right smack bang in the middle of it, that is a DUST bowl.

My child was only diagnosed with the condition after developing a chronic cough after living here for a while we have lived in Auckland, plus travelled extensively aroudn the world with out a problem, Its only since living here that we have had this problem.

He is currently having PEP therapy, but is constantly sic and getting respiratory problems.

So I am looking or a website or list of irritants that are No good with Bronchomalacia and Tracheomalacia
Let your son do this pranayam, and it will help very much with the respiratory problems.
He can do it 5 to 10 minutes, 2 or 3 times a day.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.