LUNG SCAR TISSUE
I have been diagnosed with scar tissue of the lung.  I have to go back to the doctor in 3 months to have another x-ray.  My question is this - Can scar tissue cause irregular breathing?  I will be breathing find and all of a sudden it is like I have to catch my breath.  Is this normal?
thanx
It could be due to stress, it is a form a hyperventilation (over breathing). If you find that you are short of breath say climbing stairs or doing other types of physical exertion, the it is certainly something to be concerned about. As it can by your heart or your lungs. Scar tissue in the lungs is often due to bad lung infections that have healed up. If the damage is bad enough one can acquire lung conditions such as bronchiectasis or chronic bronchitis. Have you had a pulmonary function test done? This test will give you more information on how well your lungs are performing.