Respiratory Disorders Community
Loss of Voice, Short of Breath, tongue burning, tinnitus, fatigue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Is there anyone out there with similar symptoms?  I first lost my voice in Sept. 2008 and was originally diag. with Spasmodic Dysphonia (Adductor Type).  Shortly after, I became short of breath and hence developed anxiety.  I lost 40 pounds and was underweight...it has been quite a journey.  In Nov. 2010 my voice returned spontaneously for 6 week, still short of breath.  Then my voice deteriorated to "zero" voice.  I have tightness in my throat and neck.  I saw a new neurologist last month who believes I have muscle tension dysphonia.  I'm not sure what all the added symptoms are about, including burning in my chest, throat and tongue, fatigue, night sweats, joint pain, tingling in hands and feet, tinnitus 24/7, I have a feeling of sickness all the time.  I am not a hypochondriac..I have had good health until now.  Menopause at 54, then all this started.  It makes me wonder if hormonal changes have anything to do with my current state of health.  I have had a multitude of tests by many doctors, including a heart chemical stress test, EKG, Brain MRI, CT of lungs, Pulmonary Function Test, Allergy testing, Thryoid Ultrasound, Blood tests for a multitude of ailments, Endoscopy for acid reflux (which did show acid in esophagus), but ALL OTHER TESTS are NEGATIVE.  The only test that I recently had was a muscle function test (along with the pulmonary function test).  My pulmonologist said my muscle test was not good, in fact, I am in a very weakend state.  He wants me to start physical therapy to help me strengthen and rebuild.  I am confused...how did I become so weak, is this why I get so short of breath on exertion?  
After seeing 5 ENT specialists all over the country, I sitll do not have a definitive diagnosis.  I am having a lung biopsy to test for mold/fungus and sarcoidosis.  I want to feel well again....it has been 3.5 years and no answers.  
Any insight from anyone who has similar symptoms woujld be so appreciate.....I feel like I'm the only one with all these symptoms and no answers.  There IS something terribly wrong in my body and I feel like I'm deteriorating more and more as time goes on.  I trust God to lead me to an answer and stand in faith it will happen.  I'm just tired.

This discussion is related to Chronic out of breath.
To help with the breathing, do anulom vilom pranayam(alternate nostril breathing) for more than 20 minutes ,twice a day.This will send extra oxygen to the lungs and the brain.
For the voice problem - keep one whole black pepper,sugar candy(diamond shaped),mulethi (liquorice) in your mouth and suck slowly. Drink warm water and avoid cold drinks.

Thyroid point – press the fleshy bit on palm between  the base of thumb and wrist on both hands. Where you  feel sharp pain when you press, that is your thyroid point and vocal point -  you press it 10 to 50 times daily.

Clear your throat(breathing out and tightening throat), then clear your throat in reverse(breathing in and tightening throat). Do this 5 times.
February 23 ,2012