Respiratory Disorders Community
Lung nodule seen on Xray but not CT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Lung nodule seen on Xray but not CT

Has anyone else had a lung nodule seen on xray and not on CT? Back in Jan. of this year I went to the e.r. for side effects to some medication. They took me in for a chest xray and the next day I get a call saying I would need a ct scan because they found one solitary pulmonary nodule 8mm in my upper left lung.  So I went and had the CT scan and that radiologist told me right then and there that he sees nothing at all.  Im so confused and worried now because lung cancer runs in my family, both with and without smoking. Its now going to be May and I've developed some sort of chest heaviness and I'm coughing. Could be an infection but I'm not sure anymore. Ive been terrified since Jan. but the doctors say to trust the ct.  I might add that I had 2 previous xrays just months prior and nothing was seen.