Respiratory Disorders Community
Lung nodules chest infection
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lung nodules chest infection

I have one nodule in each lung. One 4mm one 5mm. For two weeks Ive had a chesty cough with lots of mucous. It is getting better but Im worried the nodules could have grown and caused it. My ct scan was 6 weeks ago and Im due another at 4 months to check for growth. Could the nodules be causing the mucous by blocking something? If so would it get better? My nodules are in the lower lobes.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It depends on what is the cause for the nodules.  If the nodules are due to an infection, as the infection subsides, the nodules will resolve. Lung nodules can occur due to local causes like recurrent lung infections and sometimes due to cancer of the lungs. They can also be seen in systemic diseases like systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, sarcoidosis and scleroderma. Further evaluation will be based on whether the nodule is changing in size and systemic symptoms. A PET scan and biopsy may help in evaluation. So, follow up with your doctor to monitor changes in the nodules.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank