Respiratory Disorders Community
Mucus in back of throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Mucus in back of throat

I have had excessive mucus in the back of my throat for a while now and it is really getting annoying. It's not in my lungs or in my chest, it is just in my throat. I have to cough it up (more like a hocking sound) all the time and it is disgusting and ANNOYING. I have never had allergies in my life and never any big disease problems at all. This thing is just annoying and I am wondering what in the world could be causing it. The mucus is clear with no blood or anything--just clear. My throat doesn't hurt, nothing else hurts just having the mucus is disturbing and annoying. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
The exact same thing is happening to me, I am not allergic to anything and a ton of boogers build up in my throat but i cant stand to hock my boogers out because I have a really strong gag reflex and a fear of throwing up.
So I am always swallowing my boogers when possible but sometimes it is so bad It feels like I'm choking. Also it feels like from swallowing it so much i start to feel sick but I've heard that mucus can't cause much damage to your stomach. So I would really like some answers, It seems like it gets worse every day.