Respiratory Disorders Community
Mucus in back of throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Mucus in back of throat

I have had excessive mucus in the back of my throat for a while now and it is really getting annoying. It's not in my lungs or in my chest, it is just in my throat. I have to cough it up (more like a hocking sound) all the time and it is disgusting and ANNOYING. I have never had allergies in my life and never any big disease problems at all. This thing is just annoying and I am wondering what in the world could be causing it. The mucus is clear with no blood or anything--just clear. My throat doesn't hurt, nothing else hurts just having the mucus is disturbing and annoying. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!