Respiratory Disorders Community
Need some help please
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Need some help please

Hello.
In the past recent days, I've been noticing a constant annoyance. Whenever I swallow, it seems some mucus or something stays in my throat, causing a little discomfort. It clings on there, and it forces me to continually swallow to try and get it down. eventually it works, but then I swallow again and the process is repeated.
That's not all. 3 times now, I've woken up in the middle of the night, with feeling of heavy buildup of mucus in my throat that is irritating and makes it hard to swallow at times.
The constant swallowing keeps me awake at night frequently, and I'm wondering what this is and how I can treat it.
Thank you for any help!