Respiratory Disorders Community
Pneumonia - Still Trying To Get Over It! Hope This Makes Sense!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Last christmas everyone in our house was down with a bad flu, I had just had a baby the previous month so it seemed to take me that bit longer to get over it. Come March I still wasnt feeling myself and started to struggle breathing when I walked even a small distance. I was admitted into hospital with a possible lung clot but after a CT scan it showed that it was pneumonia (xray was inconclusive). I stayed in hospital for about 4-5 days getting IV and oral antibiotics. Came out feeling alot better but definitely not back to the usual me. 2 weeks after getting out I got pleurisy, was given dicloflenac.

I was told I could possibly have IBS in June, was given fibre supplements and was also told I had a possible duodonal ulcer. Fibre supplements didnt really work and was back once again but was given a repeat of the same prescription. At this time I was starting to feel tired over silly things, getting out of bed early was a struggle and some days staying awake all day was impossible. My personality changed and I have become more moody, little things would annoy me and I would just crack up. I also had a slightly abnormal liver function test, but a repeat test came back normal.

For the last 1-2 months I have slightly high blood pressure aswell 124/92.

I stopped taking my artifical sweetener after hearing bad reports about them. It seems to have helped with the IBS. However 2 weeks ago I ended up back at the hospital getting another chest xray as I was getting a pain in my side. I get a call from my gp who says that I have a shadow in my lung. At the time of the xray it felt like the pleurisy was back again.

I still have the fatigue but it comes and goes, over the last few days ive started to get numbness in my right hand - especially at the side near my pinky finger. Has anyone else experienced this? I just want to get back to normal!!

I was going through phases were I was getting headaches and sore joints, especially my ankles and wrists. The last 4-5 days i feel like a cold is coming but it never shows. I am back at the doctors tomorrow to recheck blood pressure and she wants to listen to my lungs. However I would love to hear if anyone else has experienced the same as me.