Pneumonia Relapse?
About a week and a half ago I became very ill. I could barely move due to the pains in my muscles and I thought my head and chest would explode whenever I coughed. It started off as nothing more than what a common cold or slight flu would feel like, but within a day or two progressed to the state I described above (barely being able to move). I eventually begged my sig other to take me to the ER (I am new to this city and DO NOT have a regular practitioner. I am on Cobra Aetna PPO though).

After running a few tests (Regular Xray, a special lung xray, and by the next day a CT scan) they said I had a very severe pneumonia. Thankfully it was only in my right lung but they set the blockage was so severe that they thought I had a PE (the CT ruled it out...PHEW!). But wound up having to spend about a week in the hospital where they put me on two different IV antibiotics and lots of fluids (I was so dehydrated they joked I urinated dust when I first came in). I was also being given a small dose of dillaudid (the pain was intense) and hydrotropine (or something) for the cough - basically a hydrocodine cough syrup, my mom and i joke about it and call it white lighting.

Basically describing all that to give a background on what I went through. They never figured out WHAT caused the pneumonia or WHY it got so bad so quickly (from nothing to severe within a day) but warned me that I would be "recovering" for a little bit. I expected to be a bit tired and cough for a while. They said I'd start to feel better soon but if anything came back or if i got worse to come back to the ER. It's been two weeks since I was released from the Hospital and for the past day or two I've been feeling like im getting a cold. Some weak body aches (nothing like the first time) and absolute exhaustion - to the point where moving around wears me out enough to make me sit down - but i cant sleep. I have a follow-up with a pulminary specialist but they cant get me in till the 26th (almost 2 and a half weeks from now!) What should i do? Go back to the ER? Id prefer not but im getting scared
absolutely!!!! You should call the doctors office after hours now and tell the on-call doctor what is going on. I have chronic sinusitis and I can have lingering chest colds for weeks. When I got walking pnemonia I was not hospitalized and it took 4 weeks to recover; however if you are feeling warn down again, do not let it get worse. Call them and ask what you should do... hope you are feeling better soon.