Respiratory Disorders Community
Recurrent Bronchogenic Cyst
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Recurrent Bronchogenic Cyst

I am trying to find a doctor who has experience with recurrent bronchogenic cysts.  
My 8.5 yr daughter has had chronic respiratory infections/pnuemonia's since 10 months old.  At 5.5 yrs a bronochogenic cyst was finally found as the root cause.  She had a left thoracatomy to remove most of it.  A little over a year later, she became symptomatic again.  The cyst was growing back.  Last summer, at age 7.5 yrs, she had a 2nd thoracatomy, again most was removed.  A followup MRI earlier this summer shows the cyst is now growing back a 3rd time.  She is not symptomatic yet, although it is is slightly compressing the left airway again.  The current plan is to watch her clinically.  I want to be as prepared as possible when (if) she becomes symptomatic again.  I am desparate to find a doctor who has experience with recurrent bronchogenic cysts, medical techniquest to get rid of the cyst without surgery and/or a surgeon who knows how to remove the entire cyst so it can't grow back.
Any help/direction you can provide would be must appreciated.
Thanks -
Christine Eichhold