Respiratory Disorders Community
Shortness of Breathe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Shortness of Breathe

For the past 3 to 5 months i have been having shortness of breathe,dizziness,light headed,sugars down in the 30 to 50's,blur vision,headaches,blackouts,fainting spells,very high blood pressure, my blood pressure gets up in the 153's over 95 or 100 and my pulse rate gets over 123 to 134, and the doctors here in my town say i am just deprssed and they did all the blood work that they could do and i am not depressed i even have been having seziures too. So what is causing these problems and i need answers none of the doctors here gave me any answers so i am hoping and praying to get answers from here. So doctors on here. Please give me some answers or anything PLEASE and Thank You.

Melissa Abbott
Start doing this pranayam, and come back in 11 days, to give me your feedback. You will notice some your symptoms improving.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day. Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.