Trach Stoma
My boyfriend has had a trach for over 17 years due to throat cancer. The cancer was pea size and all he received was radiation therapy. He says his trach can not be closed due to the over radiation to his throat area. He has never tried weaning off the trach.He says his trach stoma will close if he takes the trach appartus out. He did go to Mayo Clinic and they were unable to help him. He does cough out secreatons from his trach. He does not suction or use any humidified air or aerosol treatments. is there a chance he could go without a trach? How about trying to cap his traCH? He does say he becomes Hypoxic and passes out?
Hi.

I've had some trouble breathing a bit w/some chest pain.  anyway, I have to have this test done and im really nervous.  I've read basically what happens but my experience with testing hasn't been good.  The people usually dont really explain what will happen and are on you right away, just wanting to get it done.  Im trying to ask questions while they're doing this and they're so unfriendly!  Being friendly and willing to answer my questions would really help me, as a nervous patient.  I just wanted to know more about it before i have it done b/c I'm scared about it.