Tuberculosis Treatment
On the basis of a chest x-ray which showed Pleural Effusion and a positive MT test I was diagnised with Tuberclosis in December 2009. For the first two months of my treatment my fever did not recede with AKT4 medication. However the drugs were frequently chopped & changed during this period. Post changing the doctor tapping of pleural fluid was done and only part of the fluid could be removed owing to loculation.  The pleural fluid showed no bacteria for TB confirmation. However post this the fever dissappeared. I have been on AKT4 + moxicep since then. There is no fever since the last 4 months and I have also gained weight. However I have been getting chest pains since the last month and the x-rays show pleural fluid is till present in the left lung.

Need to understand.
1. Is this normal in the course of the treatment for pleural fluid to continue to be there even as fever has dissappeared
2. Is this a worrying sign and does it show any indication of MDR TB