Waking up congested
What is the quickest way of alleviating chest congestion and nose blockage after waking up?

This discussion is related to Wierd Feeling in chest/trachea.
Are you a smoker? If you are a smoker this will only get worse with time. Because when you go to sleep you are not smoking and your body has the time needed to remove the secretions that should have been removed during your waking hours. People who smoke paralyze small hairs in your trachea called cilia that work as an escalator to remove any phlegm that is present in your lungs. If you do not smoke the best natural way is a hot shower,also hot tea or coffee will help with the congestion due to the hot water and the caffeine that is a natural bronchodialator  will speed things up.hope this helps R.Beck
Thank you for trying to help. I am not a smoker packed it in 1990.
I do have hot tea and also warm water which slowly helps over a period of time.
I also use a tip given to me by a specialist i saw once. It is to make a solutiion of a quarter spoonfull of sea salt a small pinch of bicarbonate of soda (about less than a quarter of a teaspoon) and about a litre of warm water. Then after mixing well let it cool. Buy a plastic syringe and use it to squirt some of the liquid through both nostrils so it comes through to your mouth. If you swallow some of it even better. It clears the mucous and gradually helps the chest congestion so when you cough you feel movement and can spit out as much as becomes available to spit. some times it works better than other times.
I wondered if anybody had any other useful tips to help.
petercos