Respiratory Disorders Community
change in weather

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

change in weather

in the last week i have had pain in my lower left side behind my ribs.i dont feel hot my wife say`s.i live in michagan and i`m on ssd all i have for insurence is medicare.what should i do
Does it hurt when you breathe in? Is it a sharp pain? If so you could have pleuracy. This is inflammation between the ribs and can cause very sharp pain when you breathe in. You may need antibiotics for it.  CVS pharmacies have a nurse practitioner now and I wonder if they may take medicare. Do you not have supplemental? Do doctors not take medicare alone? In the mean time you can try a hot water bottle on the area and see if that relieves the pain. If you symptoms are different then disregard the hot water bottle and see a doctor if you can.
mkh9
no, it does not hurt when i breath in.just when i turn or lay on it.i have been lieing on my back or right side.yes i do have a supplememtal it is first health and health insurance company.i have first health part d.thank you
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

This could be renal colic. Small stones can obstruct the passage of urine and when the body tries to 'push' against the blockade this results in colic, which is severe attacks of pain. The other causes for the pain could be infections of the bowel, prolapsed intervertebral disc or inflammatory diseases of the colon. Please consult your primary care physician who will do blood tests, x- rays and may ask for an ultrasonogram to find out the cause for the pain. In the meantime you can take OTC naproxen for relief from pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
It doesn't sound like pleuracy then. You should find a doctor that takes Medicare with the supplemental. As the doctor suggested above, it may be related to the kidneys and maybe not the lungs.
mkh9
thank u
thank u