Respiratory Disorders Community
d/c home with chest tube

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

d/c home with chest tube

I went to the er on the 28th on jam with c/o sob and possible pneumothorax. I had 50% lung collapsed and the put in a chest tube. on feb 1st they did surgery a pleurodesis to prevent further problems. tues lung was up so they pulle the tube and thurs it was collapsed and they put a smaller tube in and sent me home. I just concerned that i'm having more drainage now that i'm home compared to in the hosp
If you are concerned go back to the ER, and do not hesitate to call your physician. I am sure they left contact instructions. It is standard procedure in your situation to arrange for a visiting nurse to come over two or three times a week to check on things. I am surprised this was not arranged.