Respiratory Disorders Community
dry cough & chest rash

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

dry cough & chest rash

I've had a dry cough and periodic chest rash on and off for 6 months now. The rash will clear up as long as I am on Antiobotics. The rash is on the center on the chest area right below the collar bone.  I have been to the Dr. 5 to 6 times since January. I have been on steriods 2 or 3 times and antiobotics 4 to 5 times. I have taken AM & PM allergies medication giving to me by perscription.I have taken cough medication in PM. Every time I come off the antiobotics, the rash will appear on my chest a few days after I finish up my antiobiotics. I had a chest x-ray the last time I visited the Dr. and it came out clear. They also did a breathing test on me and it went well also. I cough constantly and have trouble holding my bladder. I am so frustrated and do not know what to do next. I have gained weight due to all of the medications. Could you please give me some advise?

This discussion is related to Laryngitis, chronic dry cough, upper chest.
My wife has dry coughed more or less constantly for 10 years. In the end she saw an allergist and had a full allergy panel done. She was most allergic to cats (and we have cats), so that became the diagnosis. She was prescribed inhaled corticosteroids, a daily nasal irrigation, and an antihistamine. You might want to consider seeing an allergist and finding out exactly what you are allergic too (if anything) so that you can modify your environment or whatever to lessen the coughing. Also, try different antihistamines. Almost none of them work for my profound allergies, but I was recently prescribed Xyzal and it works really well.