dry cough. 3 weeks. very little clear phlegm
i'm a 38 year old male. been smoking for 15 years. i've never had any respitory problems . ever !!! 3 weeks ago i got a tickle in my throat and ever since then i've been coughing. nothing comes up when i cough. its dry. it feels there is stuff stuck in there but it does not come up with coughing. once in a while i bring up clear stuff and very little bit of it. i did 3 xrays and it came back clear. the doctor listened to my lungs and breathing and said its clear. when i get this is almost feels like my breathing is slightly worse but when i tell the doc he says i sound clear. it feels like its coming from the throat and is affecting my voice slightly too. i took antibiotics 2 weeks ago cause i was told it was bronchitis. but i thought with bronchitis you're supposed to cough up tons of mucus. i'm hardly coughing anything up and if i do its clear not yellow or anything. what can this be ? anyone been though this? any answers ? any luck?
Well...this is a very common issue usually linked to a viral infection. Healing from a viral process often takes several weeks to occur and leaves the airways vulnerable to cough.  It often feels like it is in the back of the throat but is usually a referred sensation from the lower irritated and healing airways.  Asthma medicines can help this heal faster and quitting smoking helps and will be the single most important thing you every do to improve your health
thanks a lot for your answers Doctor. i really appreciate it. that situation has resolved thank god.