Respiratory Disorders Community
dry cough. 3 weeks. very little clear phlegm
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dry cough. 3 weeks. very little clear phlegm

i'm a 38 year old male. been smoking for 15 years. i've never had any respitory problems . ever !!! 3 weeks ago i got a tickle in my throat and ever since then i've been coughing. nothing comes up when i cough. its dry. it feels there is stuff stuck in there but it does not come up with coughing. once in a while i bring up clear stuff and very little bit of it. i did 3 xrays and it came back clear. the doctor listened to my lungs and breathing and said its clear. when i get this is almost feels like my breathing is slightly worse but when i tell the doc he says i sound clear. it feels like its coming from the throat and is affecting my voice slightly too. i took antibiotics 2 weeks ago cause i was told it was bronchitis. but i thought with bronchitis you're supposed to cough up tons of mucus. i'm hardly coughing anything up and if i do its clear not yellow or anything. what can this be ? anyone been though this? any answers ? any luck?