Respiratory Disorders Community
mediastinal lymphadenopathy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

mediastinal lymphadenopathy

I just want to ask something i need your opinion.my CT SCAN result was ""right supeior mediastinal mass has an enhancing margin and a relatively low density centre. The largest mass is about 27mm in maximum transverse diameter x about 19mm. this is in the right paratracheal region lying just behind the superior vena cava The re are further nodes extending down to the hilum and there is eveidence of subcarinal lymphadenopathy as well. There is an area of collapse adjacent to the mediastinal mass in the right upperlobe madially and anteriorly. There is no other definitepulmonary abnormality present. In particular.there is no evidense to suggest any apical consolidation. The visualised bronchi are of normal calibre. No evidense of any endobronchial lesion is seen. COMMENT: " The appearance suggest probaly neplastic lymphadenopathy. AND the result of Fine needle biopsy upper right chest and the result was ""The appearance is suggestive of a granulomatous inflamation (inflammation) with atypical cells, possibly of epithelial origin."" and my dr explain to me that its NOT A CANCER but we still have to wait 8weeks for Tb culture. After 8 weeks the result is negative for TB. He  explain to me that its possible lymphoma (cancer) or other infection..NOW IM CONFUSE..he told me before that its not a cancer "definitely" now he's telling me possible lymphoma..  i clarified everything and he explain to me what he mean was" not a lung cancer" he explain to me that Fine needle biopsy cannot detect lymphoma. And they have to get a big chuck to determine if its lymphoma  through mediastinascopy. and he requested for another xray and the result was "COMPARISON HAS BEED MADE WITH THE EXAMINATION 10JUN2008 THERES IS CERTAINLY LESS MARKED THICKENING OF THE RIGHT PARATRACHEAL STRIPE COMPARE TO THE PREVIOUS STUDY." THERES IS NO EVIDENSE OF HILAR LYMPHADENOPATHY. tHE LUNGS ARE CLEAR. THE CARDIAC SILHOUETTE IS WITHIN NORMAL LIMITS"" as far as i know its getting better base n result. MY QUESTIONS ARE

do i really need to go under mdiastinascopy even the lump is getting smaller?
is that true that FINE NEEDLE BIOPSY CANT DETECT LYMPHOMA?
can you explain to me all my medical result? is this a cancer?

please help me.. im so confuse and im so worried!