Respiratory Disorders Community
rsv pneumonia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

rsv pneumonia

I have a 2 1/2 month old granddaughter who was disgnosed with RSV pneumonia, my daughter took her to the er on sunday for really bad coughing and wheeezing. The ER doctor sent her home telling my daughter it was only upper respiratory she got worse a few days later and when she got to her peds doctor she was told her daughter has tested positive for rsv pneumonia and had to be admitted to the hospital ASAP. My daughter was so upset and didn't understand how she got this illness. The hospital told her its from in the air and the people she has been around and that there the carriers to this illness. Keep your children away from anyone thats sick or has a cold but she also cant go around people that smoke... Our little granddaughter emma is very sick and cant come home till the oxygen is off and everytime they try to take it off the oxygen level drops and her sugar also drops.  How do you help her and my daughter and her boyfriend cope with this aweful illness. She has STOPPED breathing twice so now shes on a monitor for apnea/SIDS. Is there anyway to help without getting in the way...