Respiratory Disorders Community
spitting up blood

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

spitting up blood

hi i occasionally about once every 2 years or year and a half spit up blood it always starts the same and all of a sudden like i will just feel a catch at the back of my throat then when i try to clear my throat the blood starts coming up its usually about 2 teaspoonfuls at a time then i get a slight shortness of breath and i keep bringing it up for about ten mins then afterwards im fine except for an irritation in my throat , tiredness and a really sore head the next day i feel the same but dont bring up anymore until the third day when i wake up in the morning and feel like i have mucuc caught in back of my throat so i cough and up comes thick dark red like blood clots nearly black i do this a few times in the morning and then im fine except for the throat irriation and a sore chest and tiredness.
I have been several times t the doctor about this but they cant find anything wrong with me or give me any explanation as to why it happens i was just wondering if someone out there has experienced the same or knows why this happens ? it worries me a bit. I have had blood texts done , scans x-rays etc and nothing shows up. please can someone help any opinion or input would be greatly appreciated thanks