Respiratory Disorders Community
spot on chest xray

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

spot on chest xray

Hi, hoping someone will give me some comfort...I went for a chest xray due to some chest pain which occured in the middle of the night for no reason. Dr. thinks it is chest wall muscle. 18 months ago did have a fall-bad but nothing borken, had chest xray which showed nothing. This time there was a small round circle on the lower left side of the chest looks like it could be in/on the lung. It is a "faint nodular form overlying the 6th left rib" they did another set of xrays and it showed again. Now booked for ct scan within 2-3 weeks. WHAT COULD IT BE?? I have been exposed to TB--we had 4 cases in my school last year and I taught in sub-saharan Africa. (Malawi) I WAS a smoker years ago, smoked about a pack a week for about 5 years TOTAL over a ten year span. Haven't smoked in nearly 10 years. However, have had skin cancer and family history of lung cancer is there. Only grandfather and great uncles all of whom lived in a coal town and smoked up to 3 packs a day. ANYONE want to weigh in???