Respiratory Disorders Community
tickle in the back of my throat and I cough all night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I have a tickle in the back of my throat and I cough all night. This wakes me up frequently, and I have a hard time stopping the tickle and coughing. This keeps me from getting adequate sleep. I have tried over the counter and prescription cough medicines. I was on allegra and my doctor has switched me to zyrtec. There has not been any improvement. When I am having a bad night I have to keep 2 lozenges in my mouth to get any sleep. Some nights after getting to sleep I wake coughing and choking. This coughing a choking takes a long time to stop. I also have a frequent tickle in my throat throughout the day.
Any thoughts? Help I’m sooo tired.
Beth