Confused, help!
Im a 16 year old girl, i wasnt properly diagnosed with this but my doctor suggested i may have it. Basically my hips, thighs , calves, ankles, wrists and occasionally Back and arms all twitch, spasm and cramp very badly and recently ts gotten so bad to the point of im trying to go to sleep or relax in a friends house or at home and i suffer bad episodes for hours on end of these full leg spasms, at one point they hurt my back really badly! Its only getting worse and i eould love some answers as to what this is, and why this is happenig to me, friends are wuestioning why my legs spasm constantly andy legs also bounce up and down whnever i am seated.
Restless legs syndrome is a neurological disorder characterized by throbbing, pulling, creeping, or other unpleasant sensations in the legs.This occurs in an uncontrollable, and sometimes overwhelming, urge to move them.There is no specific test for RLS and it is important that you have this checked by your doctor to determine if you fulfill  the 4  criteria for diagnosing the disorder. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi Sophie there is over the counter meds you can get from Walgreens and CVS it is RSL the company name is Hylands I believe I hope this help you. I truly understand what you are going through. If you are not sleeping go see a dr as your BP might be on the raise which is not good at all.
Hi it sounds a lot like restless legs syndrome.  You need to see your physician first and request a sleep study.  If diagnosed with secondary RLS symptoms could be resolved by increasing iron, or what ever element or illness is causeing RLS.  If, however, you have primary RLS, this is a different story.  You can start with lifestyle changes like no caffiene, alchol, and no smoking... go to bed at the same time every nite, exercise before bedtime to relax muscles etc.  But many sufferers of RLS end up on medication.

For the most comprehensive information go to this Willis-Ekbom (RLS) Foundation.  There is even a publication there that is free to members written for Dr.s:  WED?RLS Medical Bulletin: A Publication for Healthcare Providers.  I got one for my nurse practitioner and one for myself.  The have many other publications and tons of info on their site.  Good Luck  Kim