How is RLS usually diagnosed?
I don't have any personal doubt about whether I have the condition -- but having finally decided to get help for it (warm rags, exercise, and a better diet haven't seemed to do anything), I am wondering how the condition would be confirmed in the doctor office. Is a sleep study usually required? I saw this mentioned in another thread, but the idea conjures up a mildly unpleasant scenario. Do they watch you fall asleep? Can I just get a blood test or something like that instead?

Thanks,

Vafthruthnir
There is no blood test.  My doctor diagnosed it by my description..others do a sleep study.  Depends on how in depth you want to be.  There are doctors that can treat it.
Thank you, littlebit667. Do you know how a study is done?

I saw a room apparently for that function at a neurologist's office. It was set up like a bedroom, but oddly, that just makes me more uncomfortable -- I think I'd prefer a classic hospital bed type setup!

Anyway, I wouldn't mind being hooked up to a machine for a night, if it comes down to it, but I don't like the idea of being observed.
Sorry for the double post; I forgot to address the previous one to littlebit667.
Mine was done at the hospital.