SPOAK Online Community
Processesed in a facility that uses peanuts and tree nuts, etc.

SPOAK (Support Parents of Allergic Kids), Support Group of Northern New Jersey

The SPOAK Online Community is open ONLY to SPOAK Members who have joined the SPOAK in-person support group which meets quarterly at the Y in Washington Twp., NJ. SPOAK Online brings our in-person meeting conversations online to our own private community and enables those who missed a meeting to remain informed as we continuously post updates / information, and communicate with our members. Members can ask advice or questions as they share experiences helping others as it relates to food allergies.

If you'd like more information on how to become a SPOAK member, please contact SPOAK at NJFast@gmail.com

How do you handle the food label that warns "this product was processed in a facility that processes, peanuts, nuts, eggs and shellfish"  and you are allergic to one or more of these.

50%
 (1) 
I avoid all possibilites of contamination at any cost
0%
 (0) 
I call the company before making the choice
50%
 (1) 
If my child has had it before, I just let them eat it
0%
 (0) 
I don't take it to seriously as everyone seems to put these waivers on packaging these days
2 Members voted
1 Comment
My daughter made that mistake of eating that which she's eaten before and ended up in the ER.  Peach gummy ring candies ... within 30secs severe stridor ...... she grabbed the container and alertedme of the reaction .. It stated processed on same line as nuts.  She never has had a reaction like this one from that product or any nut, but now reads all the labels very carefully.  And, she's 18 ... severe allergies to latex, nuts, plums.

Cheryl