Red Circle on Head of Penis
I noticed a red circle about the size of a dime on the head of my penis.  It is just to the side.  It doesn't hurt or itch or anything.  I have been cleaning it and putting antibiotic ointment on it but it hasn't changed.  It has been there for at least a week.  I have noticed that a clear dry layer of skin has formed across the top of the red spot.  This has happened on several occasions.  while showering the clear skin layer will come off.  I have no idea what it is.  I have been with the same person for the past four months and no one else for the past 8 months.  We always use condoms and try to be very careful.  What could this be?  I am very concerned that it might be something serious.  
It could be anything from a fungal infection to syphilis, so you should get this checked out promptly.   Do not use anything else on it, and see your doctor.

Aj