STDs Community
Bruising or something else?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Bruising or something else?

Hi, i recently had intercourse for the first time... The day after i notice two bruises on either side of the tip of my penis[they could have appeared right after], of dark purplish color. I browsed similar cases on the site and found bruising mimics no std.. Its been about 6 days now and on one side it still appears as bruising but i am concerned because the other seems almost craterous where the inside is a dark color but the outside edges around it are pinkish... I looked online into this and found the closest thing to it would be
a 'chancre'... However the pictures were much more serious than my case. In my cases there is no swelling at all and if anything it appears that i am missng skin on the bruised portion... It could very well be a bruise but its causing me a lot of concern.. The bruise is small about half a cm, they do not itch burn or hurt, nor have i felt any abnormalities during daily life and functions. Are my suspicions an overreaction?

Appreciate your help, and thanks doc

let me add that my partner was not a virgin and said shed been with two [maybe more] partners.
STD's do not show up the next day and if it was protected sex I would not worry about it at all.
it was unprotected.. I also noticed it a day after.
is it true that if this sign appeared even a day or two after it is not std related?
This really sounds like 1 - you are paying a lot of attention to the lil guy and 2 - the lil guy had a fun time and bruised from the effort.  ( also since you have a penis, you probably want to change your gender to male instead of female too )

Since it was unprotected sex, you should follow up with std testing to cover your bases. Chlamydia and gonorrhea can be tested for 1 week after encounter, syphilis anytime after 6 weeks, hiv after 3 months and hsv after 4 months.  

grace
well i cant get tested cause i live with my parents etc etc... Just need some evidence to deny my suspicions... Like the bit stated about the signs of stds not showing up till after a week.
If you are going to be sexually active then you need to be sexually responsible. You need to find a way to go for testing so that it doesn't 1 - affect your future fertility and 2 - doesn't linger for you to pass onto a future partner and affect theirs.  

grace
I HAVE THE EXACT same thing! did it ever go away?
when there are old posts like this, it's best to just send the op a pm asking questions. odds are they aren't checking the forums regularly to see your questions in the posts.
grace