STDs Community
Butt Cheek Breakouts - Herpes

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Butt Cheek Breakouts - Herpes

I've had herpes for almost 10 years due to an unfaithful husband (per my Doctor), and the only place that I have EVER had an outbreak is either close to the crack of my behind or on my butt cheek.  I've been reading and see that several doctors state that it is impossible for it to be herpes if it has not broke out in the genital area.  I have never had an outbreak near either part of my genitalia - THANK GOD.  These outbreaks on my butt cheeks are very itchy in the beginning and if I do not start taking my Valtrex immediately will become larger and get very painful making it very hard to sit in a chair.  They are always in a small circle that look like several little small circles.  Anything that touches like underwear, panti-liner etc really irritates it and makes it even harder to heal.  The area is still very sensitive even with taking the Valtrex, but it is the only way to actually be able to live with it.  Also I've noticed that when I get really stressed over something I get an outbreak.  I've also been told that stress has nothing to do with outbreaks.  I'm sorry I beg to differ, or maybe I'm just a different case.

Now my question is, I am newly married to a very faithful man for 4 years and he has never had a genital outbreak but he has always had cold sores.  Is it still possible for him to contract the genital herpes as well?

This discussion is related to 3 small spots on butt cheek.
What kind of testing have you had done to determine if this is herpes?  

You can have herpes on your butt - I get outbreaks there, and I swear the *** herpes, as I call it, can be worse than any outbreak on your genitals.  Genital herpes infects the sacral ganglia nerve group, so you can get outbreaks anywhere in the boxer short region.

Are you getting frequent outbreaks?  You might think about suppression - taking valtrex (convenient once a day but expensive) or acyclovir (twice a day but way cheaper) daily to reduce outbreaks.

Aj