STDs Expert Forum
Difficulty to breathe

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Difficulty to breathe

Dear doctor,
I hope you can still remember me. I posted my conditions a few weeks ago.
I just have some questions:
1. This past couple days, I've been having difficulty to breathe. I don't think it's really severe whatsoever. I can still breathe but there's just something that I feel different. I have to put more effort to take a deep breath. And it goes on and off, on and off. Is this somekind of symptoms for HIV/STDs?
2. Also, I searched over the internet about swollen lymph nodes. My question is: Is it true that swollen lymph node that is painful is from infections (therefore, possibly HIV)? and if it is not painful, that means it is not infections (probably somethingelse other than HIV).
I dont know if I've been overly worried or what, but I keep looking at my face and for some reason, I just feel like my left cheek is slightly bigger than my right cheek. I tried to feel whether there is a bump or not, but I couldnt find any. And I dont think I dont feel any pain. Should I be worried?
Thank you so much.
Tags: STDs
Your symptoms sound entirely emotional.  The symptoms you describe do not suggest any STD.  I cannot help you.

HHH, MD
I've been tryinhg to post something to this board for several months and posts like this one are particularily frustrating to read.  No doctor has been able to properly diagnose/treat me and I want the opinion of an expert.  You people with no issues don't need to be posting on this board, which only allows a limited number of posting each day.  If you want to read about some real problems, look what I posted on the derm. page, then your stuff will seem trivial.
I agree 100% with your message; we try hard to prevent people from re-posting previous questions when there is no new pertinent information.  In case it helps you understand we are serious about it, jiiij has been blocked from further posts on the STD Forum.

I looked at your post on the dermapology forum.  You won't like my answer.  My opinion agrees with the various doctors you have seen, i.e. I doubt you have genital herpes.  But the way to sort it out is to see (another?) STD-knowledgeable health care provider and make prior arrangements to that you can be seen within 24 hours of onset of your next outbreak.  With fresh lesions, especially if they are vescicular (blister-like) as you describe, a culture test for HSV should settle the issue.

Regards--  HHH, MD
Doctor H,

You're the man.  I've got a derm appointment tomorrow morning, a ruology appointment next week and an appointment with the dermotologist at a teaching hospital.  Hopefully I can have some answers soon, before my insurance runs out.

I appreciate you reading my post.
I'm not confident a urologist is likely to be helpful.  I have rarely met a urologist who knew much about STDs or who has substantial experience diagnosing or treating herpes.

HHH, MD
Well im new in here and i would like for someone to help me with my problem. Ive been sexually active for 2 years now, i lost my virginity because i was raped then 2 years later i got with my boyfriend who i have been with since 1 year ago he was a virgin n he lost it to me so i know for sure he doesnt have any STDs but for me i dont remember anything about that night and now out of nowhere i got a flu a normal flu and for 5 days i have been having a fever on and off some headaches and a little difficulty to breathe i can breath but everytime i do something inside me feels cold and it makes me want to cough also my heart goes like 100 mph i dont know if thats a sign of STDs or heart problems. I havent gotten tested because im scared of the results :(. Also i have this tiny little red dots on my hands and i dont know what to do or think. What do you think this can be?
You need to post your question in a new thread for a better answer.  But even if the person who raped you had HIV, the chance of infection from a single exposure is low; and your symptoms don't sound like HIV anyway, and certainly not any other STD either.  Go get testeed; you'll sleep better when you know the negative result.

Good luck--  HHH, MD