STDs Expert Forum
HPV spread by Kissing?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

HPV spread by Kissing?

I slept with a girl about three months ago who has hpv. While I realize i may now carry it in my gential (genital) area, that is not what concerns me most. I also tongue kissed this girl and realize the possibility of her having it in her mouth (through oral sex with her ex boyfriend)

I recently made out with one of my friends and got to worrying that maybe I had given the virus  to her--we  kissed/deep-kissed.

1.) Can High-Risk Genital HPV, after it is passed from the genital area to the mouth through oral sex, be passed from mouth to mouth?  I am worried I may have picked it up with the first girl, and now passed it to my friend.

2.)I have no symptoms, and no warts in my mouth, but can't the high-risk kind still be passed?

I feel like a coward for writing this because I am sure it's all going to be alright, but I still feel maybe i am being "scummy" by not telling my friend.

Is my scenario even a possibility?
Theoretically it seems possible, but HPV is not known to be spread by kissing.  I wouldn't worry about it.

HHH, MD
this bring a big question up. can it be spred through kissing? NOT Theoretically but reality?
my other question is  I herd of a pill that can protect the woman is this true? and who supplys it?
#3 is hpv just located to the area tuched or is it in all the calls in the body? or is it in JUST the wort it self?
#4 Does HPV become less contractive over time? I have herd it does reduce over time 7 years and the partner may not even get it...
PLEASE reply thanks
A related discussion, hpv concerns was started.