STDs Community
Help Me!!

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Help Me!!

Alright here's the deal. I am seventeen years old. I have several spots/sores in random spots. I have 5 or 6 on my inner thigh, I have several on my back(8-12), and a few on my chest. I went to my doctor when a few started to appear on my back. Doctor said it was ringworm, so that is what it is being treated as. I have not consulted her since the ones showed up on my legs and chest. I also missed my period last week. I had a little bit of bleeding for a day but very light. I take birth-control and during sexual intercourse we usually use a condom.  I am so scared right now. Please help me if you have any sort of advice or personal experiences. I have had two partners my entire life. One i was with for 2 years and another that I have been with for six months. (Both come from good backgrounds). I have talked to the guy I am with now and he's not very worried about it at all, or at least hasn't shown me any worries about the situation. I am praying that I am just being paranoid about this whole thing but my gut instinct is telling me ringworm shouldn't spread like that nor be in the area that it is in.
Again please help if you can.
you can have ringworm on any body part and it can be rather extensive. it's a fungal infection and spreads easily.

you wouldn't have std symptoms on this many body parts.  

good backgrounds has absolutely nothing to do with std risk. If you and your partners aren't getting full std testing done, you should ask them to do so for your own protection.  haev you had full std testing done?

grace