STDs Expert Forum
Herpes transmission

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Herpes transmission

Hi, i was diagnosed with HSV 1 and HSV 2 about 1 year ago after going for a blood and urine test with the hospital.

I understand that herpes is spread by direct contact or sexually.Is there any chances that it might spread non sexually?

I like to ask is herpes virus present in urine and can it be spread by urine left on the toilet bowl and my family members used it after me?

I understand that herpes virus can be spread by touching on the sores and to other body parts. If urine happened to touch other body parts, will it be spread in this manner?

I understand that you won't spread herps virus through sharing of food. If you drink the soup, saliva is left on the soup and your family members drink it, will they contact the virus?Is herpes virus found in Saliva? If you use the chopstick to pick some food for your family, saliva is pass through, will they contact the virus?

Pardon me for being a paranoid. I just wish to confirm my doubts so that i can live with a peace of mind.
As others already responded, your questions have been addressed.  Nonsexual transmission of genital HSV infection (whether HSV-1 or -2) has never been shown to happen.  If it does, it is exceedingly rare.  If contact with toilet seats could spread herpes, people would show up in clinics with rings of lesions around their buttocks and thighs.  Anyway, HSV probably has to be massaged into genital tissues for there to be a significant risk of transmission, not just applied to the surface of the skin.

As for oral (HSV-1) infection, common-sense hygiene is all you need to worry about.  In particular, if you're having an oubreak of symptomatic cold sores, don't share glasses with people and don't kiss anyone.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
Did you read question #14 of the HSV FAQ?  You could have saved yourself ten bucks, this website even forces you to read that before you can even post... cheers mate.
Thanks :)