STDs Expert Forum
Insertive Fellation STD concerns

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Insertive Fellation STD concerns

Dear Dr,

I am looking for some advice and some perspective.  Last night, I received an unprotected fellatio from a street CSW (WF) that did not look particularly healthy.  She was extremely skinny and looked totally stoned out. I was drunk.  She performed fellatio on me unprotected for about 15 minutes to completion.  There was no penetration at all.  This morning I freaked out and went to the ER of the hospital.  I spoke to a very nice specialist about the incident and he assured me that I was very very low risk for HIV.

He did gave me a Hep B vaccine as I could not remember if I had one done before and did a bloodwork to see if I had anything from before (which I know I don't).

I am not concerned about HIV but about other STDs, namely Hep B and C and herpes (I am pretty sure I do not have any kind of herpes to date), Clam, Gonh etc...

I can't remember seeing or not seeing any type of sores on the CSW.

What should I be concerned about? and what is the likelyhood I caught something bad (Hep, Herp, Syph) in your opinion?  Should I go do a complete STD panel in 3 months?

Many thanks,
The only STDs that you risked are genital herpes due to HSV-1, gonorrhea, syphilis, and nongonococcal urethritis (NGU), which can be due to entirely normal oral bacteria when they get into the urethra.  HIV is too low risk to worry about at all, and there is no known risk for heptatis of any kind (A, B, or C).

The acutal risks of NGU, herpes, syphilis and gonorreha are too low to warrant routine treatment or testing.  If you develop genital sores or penile discharge, get checked.  Otherwise don't worry about it.

Good luck--  HHH, MD

Great,

Thanks a lot Dr.  Hep had me worry a little I confess.  I just hope I won't catch Herpes of any kind !  (nor any other for that matter).

Merry X-Mas and thanks for the work you do and support you provide,
A related discussion, freak out about unprotected felation was started.