STDs Community
Is it an STD

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Is it an STD

I am 39 yo and I had unprotected sex thru intercourse 5 mo ago, a month later only noticed a slimey brown discharge as my period was due at the same time, for the duration of 4 - 5 days. I performed unprotected oral sex at the same time and noticed a sore throat afterward. I started antibiotics (7 days of Amox 500mg) thinking it was a sinus infection. It helped but, I still hv a slight burning sensation deep in my throat, but it's inconsistent. Then, I decided to take 1gram of azithromycin realizing it could be an std, at same time giving my bf the same dose thinking he could be infected also. I also am experiencing a period w heavy flow every 2 wks w some cramping and lower back pain I hadn't experienced in a long time.  I was tested for Gonorreah n chlamydia and was negative. I hv an appt to see my obgyn next week to check for possible endometriosis.
Well the medication could have made those tests negative. Not sure if it si a STD. Next time see a Dr and don't self medicate
If it is an STD, how long do PID symptoms start developing? My lower abdomen cramps n I have lower mild back pain, like I'm still menstruating even tho I just completed a 2nd cycle this mo. : ( I am so worried!!
usually it would be  months until pid symptoms would start.

seeing your gyn for a full exam is the best course of action. no more antibiotics and err on the side of caution and repeat your gonorrhea testing also when you are seen.

grace