STDs Community
Itchy Foreskin

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Itchy Foreskin

So I'm uncircumcised. I am sexually active. Genuinely clean person.
So lately my foreskin has been looking weird, the tip of the skin is swollen, red, tight, looks irritated and is extremely itchy at times. It has only been three days but I am highly concerned. I have recently taken Amoxicillin and I hope that it is some how related to the issue. If any one can give me an idea of the problem that will be great. If you can give me a specific name of medicine or a cream or something to stop the itching and swelling, that will be outstanding.
See a Dr, we can't diagnosis you here or provide any type of medication advice.
So the redness went away and now it only itches after I pee. So I'm feeling way better but.. now my foreskin is extremely dried out it feels very scaly almost like a burnt marshmallow. Also the tip of the foreskin is unusually tight. There seems to be nothing wrong with the penis its self. I'm not sure if I should put lotion on it or let it fix its self.
So I seen a lot of people blogging and posting the same issue looking for an answer but never found a clear answer or never found a post regarding a follow up for the situation, so I'll be the one to do it. My penis was scaly so I washed it after I pee'd.. thoroughly washed it. Then I put lotion on it a lot. like every 30 min or hour and after I washed it: in a day and a half later, most of my foreskin was peeling. That's when I knew I was either doing something right or terribly wrong so I continued to find out.  The next day there was only small spots of scaly skin. The day after that it was completely healed.

Here's the strange part: I had sex with this girl. (the same girl I had sex with a few days before my penis started having problems.) while I was doing it my penis was burning. I stopped and washed it. The burning went away then the next day my penis was scaly again. so I continued the process of washing and lotion. It went back to normal by the next day.
Now: I'm unsure if maybe my penis just isn't healed or if something is wrong with the girl or maybe I'm allergic to her. I had sex with several partners through the course of my 22 years and never had this problem.

So I will have sex with a different girl and see if it happens again or not. Then I will have sex with the same girl I mentioned before and then I will know if it's me or her. I will keep every one posted.