I have a few questions I would like your opinion/advice on:
1. How effective is Keflex in treating gonorrhea? Would it have cured the gonorrhea if I did receive it? I feel I may have been exposed in late August and took Keflex (for other reason) in December. I took (4) 500mg pills daily for about 4-5 days. Does Keflex work equally as effective on both men and women?
2. Would Keflex have any effect on chlamydia? What about Levaquin?
3. If I had contracted NGU would I have likely had symptoms of it by now and what are the symptoms?
1) In that dose, cephalexin (Keflex) woudl be effective against gonorrhea in eithe rmen or women. 2) Cephalexin has no effect against chlamydia, but levofloxacin (Levaquin) is excellent. 3) NGU symptoms usually appear in 1-2 weeks, virtually always within 3 weeks. The main symptom is abnormal discharge from the penis, sometimes with painful urination.
1) See my first response; you don't need further treatment. Anyway, if you had no symptoms of urethral discharge etc, you can be certain you didn't have gonorrhea to start with.
2) There is no point in testing now.
3) Gonorrhea clears up on its own within 3 months; chlamydia takes longer, but probably always clears up in men within a few months. (Somewhat longer in women.) Treatment is equally effective for brief or longstanding infection.
I just found out that I have chlamydia.I really can't believe that I have an STD. Would there be any other cause that's why I get chlamydia?Coz I only have one partner and I believe and trust him that I'm the only one he had sex with. I already took Azithomycin but I still feel ithcy down there.How long would that antibiotic takes effect before the itchiness be gone? Hope you can answer me.Thank you.
I believe I contracted gonorrhea 3 months ago. I tried to see an doctor but I could not afford the care. It seems it is finally going away with less symptoms showing. I want to know about the keflex. I have read online from many sources that it will cure the infection. I just recently had a bad cut on my finger and went to the ER and I am prescribed (10) 500mg of keflex capsules. I am more concerned about the infection of gonorrhea than my cut, it is rather small, the cut. I am prescribed to take 2 of the keflex everyday for 5 days. Do you think it will rid the gonorrhea bacterium. Just for your information. I am 19, 6'1", I weigh a total of 130lbs and overall in great health. With a 1000mg of keflix a day for five days and my BMI, should it rid the infection of gonorrhea?
Everytime i have sex I get a bacteria, cervicitis, or yeast!! What is really wrong with me?? I'm very concerned and all the Dr. Keeps telling me is that my PH balance is probably high. How can I cure this problem?? Can keflex help with that?
Copyright 1994-2017MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.