Molluscum and staph
I have recently been diagnosed with MC. I think that I have seen these bumps in my pubic area several times for the last couple years. I always thought they were sweat rash because they always popped up after sex, stayed about a month and then disappeared. My fiance is pregnant and we have not had sex for several months. The bumps appeared about two months ago. She has not had another partner for over a year and does not have the bumps. My last partner was a year ago. I can't remember if I have seen molluscum, or what looks like molluscum, in my pubic area before this recent outbreak during the time my fiance and I have been sexually active.

I am confused because from what I know about MC it cannot lay dormant in the skin and then reappear. Around the same time as my current MC popped up I got a staph infection in the area. Now they are spreading to my genitals and stomach. My dermatologist thinks that my weakened immune system due to staph is why they are so bad this time. But that still doesn't explain whether or not I have had this virus before.

Have you ever heard of a case where someone complains about getting molluscum in the same area but none of their past partners have had signs of the virus? Is it possible that the virus could have still been in my system without the bumps and then reappeared? Is it possible that I could have MC for a couple years and think it was over but then have flare ups which then subside for awhile? And if so is it possible that my partner did not catch it?

Also, my fiance is 8 months pregnant am I am very worried about passing this to our new born baby. Are there any tips in prevention you can give me. How easily is it passed through clothes, towels, and sheets?

Please let me know what you think and thank you for your time.
having MC come and go would be very unusual.  at this point all you can do is to avoid sex with your partner at this point and once these are all treated and gone, should they reoccur, be seen again. if you are visually diagnosed as having MC multiple times, make sure they are sending one to the lab for biopsy to confirm that indeed it is always MC.

if you are fully clothed and wash your hands after using the bathroom, no worries about this being transmitted to your newborn once it's here :)

grace
Thanks Grace. That's exactly what I thought. I have only been diagnosed once. After the diagnosis I looked back at the bumps I had in the past and realized that they looked exactly like these. I will make sure that I have the dermatologist do more than just a visual test next time I see her.
Does anybody know if it is possible to get an MC infection from somebody who has no physical signs of the virus?
yes it is.
I have recently been diagnosed with MC in my genital area and I have had the same partner for a year. She does not have it and she is convinced that I got it from cheating on her. I have seen two doctors who have told me that it is normal and I could have got it another way. I will admit that I am surprised I have it on my genitals without skin to skin contact.

Has anybody encountered this problem before? Is it common to get MC in your pubic area without it being an STD?
Now that I know I couldn't have got it sexually over a year ago I know that it must not be sexually transmitted. Could I have gotten it on my hand and then scratched in that area?