STDs Community
Need help please

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Need help please

Please I need some advice..... I picked up a girl at the bar and we engaged in protected sex for a couple minutes and also got protected fellatio. We then stopped and she gave me a hand job. I am worried as to what I might have picked up I am in a relationship with another whom I have unprotected sex. Things have been rough as we have been apart for a couple months and now we are starting to get back together. Should I be worried to transmit something to her should I get testing?? Please help I really don't know what I could have picked up
Thank you
You describe no symptoms and had protected sex.
What you did describe was a situation where guilt can alter your perception of reality and make you worry more than you should.

Ie: Worry less. The chances you got anything are very small.
Just get tested regularly.
I haven't showed any symptoms and its been a week I do feel guilty and the sex was short literally two minutes at best ..... And then a hand job to finish I do get checked the last time was three months ago...... I just don't know if I should get checked again or just presume unprotected with my ex  ..... I am worries and confused
After a week, the only things you could accurately test for would be Chy & Gon. (which are also the most common things)

If you think it would put your mind at ease, go nuts, but there's no substantial reason to test after an exposure like that.
Since you had protected no chance for STD, thats why they call it protected sex. You cant get  STD's from  a hand job. Its as Night292rec said, its your guilt.
The only symtoms (symptoms) you will show is urethrea irritation from all the rubbing and checking so dont even go there. If you keep pulling and rubbing and checking, you will irritate the sensitive mucus membrain and you will convience yourself you got the big one. Your guilt comes from using another person, self indulgence and being promiscuse. We are here on this earth to share our wisdom, teach the ignorant and share the light of the universe. You did the opposite and are experiencing the consequences.

You should post on the relationship forum about the ups and downs your having in the relationship forum. You will get some good insite from others with the same experiences.
Good luck
I appreciate you posting and for your help I will take your advice and put this behind me and move on thank you
protected oral sex is no risk for anything.

a hand job isn't a risk for anything either.

protected sex is a risk for syphilis, herpes and hpv though overall the risk is low. since you have a regular partner, test for syphilis after 6 weeks post encounter and herpes after 3 months. we don't have commercially available tests for hpv to cover that base.

grace