STDs Community
Oral sex Prostate weirdness.

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Oral sex Prostate weirdness.

Awesome forum
I would really appreciate some help.
Male 30, uncut.
I received unprotected oral with a friend over a month ago. 6-7 days later got the burning after/before peeing, yellowish discharge, feeling as if something is there, white flakes in urine, frequent urination feeling, urethral itching/burning, same on tip of penis. No marks, lesions, spots, rash visible.
STD clinic did swab, said I have high WBC, urine sample neg for Gon - Chlam Told its NGU. 2g of Zithromax, 400 mg suprax given. 2-3 weeks symptoms ebb off ALMOST totally, antibiotics seemed to do nothing, discharge went away in 2 days. Week 2ish got stuffy nose, sore throat, chest cough, chest pain, hot flashes on face - went away in 2 weeks other then light cough, light sore throat.
Week 3ish I got severe lower back pain..flak is it called? Aweful side burning pain, bladder cramping pain felt as razor blades. GP did blood, urine test, results were neg. for everything. Told that the pain is bellow kidneys and it cannot be a kidney infection. Now I have this itching, tinglingish type sensation inside my anus when I walk or bike (make you want to clench your anus muscles a couple of times to ebb it off) Almost same clench when a male ejaculates. Happens sometimes, only when I walk bike, mostly on left side of anus. Left side of bladder area feels irritated still. Feels as if prostate itches, low grade on - off back pain present still and side pain.

I have no idea what this is........

Been told by STD clinic that It could be Yeast infection, bladder infection. Told me to go back to GP.

Could this be some variation of Herpes-1 or 2 OR Prostasis?

How could an STD develp such odd "anal" symptoms from oral sex?

P.S. Been very very anxious and stressed over this for the whole time. AND I am not imagining symptoms.
You received oral sex which is a risk for fungal infections plus then you were on antibiotics which also increase your risk of fungal infections.  Odds are that your anal itching issues are due to fungus. You can try an otc jock itch medication and see if that helps.  If you aren't a yogurt fan to get some probiotic goodness into your bowels to help replace the "good" bacteria, pick up some culturelle at walmart or the drugstore ( or order online ). It is the most studied probiotic out there and is even used in hospitals.  

The symptoms you describe during week 2 sound just like a run of the mill upper respiratory infection ( though of course this year we have to worry about h1n1 too but at this point it's run its course for you so doesn't matter anyways at this point ).

Your current pain symptoms are what also need followed up on.  Your gp did a urine test that came back negative. Did they also do a prostate exam?  Perhaps ask for a consult to an urologist if your provider isn't able to figure out what is still causing your pain.  

This doesn't sound at all like herpes and odds are it isn't any other std either.  

grace

Grace,

I was taking those "good" bacteria pills 5-6 every meal, not 3 a day as the instructions stated for my intestines and ate tons of pro biotic yogurt.  The whole bladder cramping, lower back pain started AFTER I the pro biotics. Ive read some previous doctor posts and it seems that penile fungal infections are super rare from receiving oral, plus my symptoms do not seem to match them unless you have seen something similar. The Z-pac/suprax did nothing to help and it just feels like my prostate and area under between the anus and testicles itches and makes me want to clench my muscles.  As if my urethra is itchy. These symptoms appeared recently, on and off -  after having the urge to urinate, drip and burning totally gone. Now IF I eat something super spicy I feel my urethra after I urinate get warm,....thats it. Head of my penis becomes white with red blotches after masturbation, nothing raised, bumpy, itchy or bleeding. If it is fungal how can a GP detect this?

Can an std cause prostate issues as well if you stated that I should have my prostate checked? Im wondering if all this is complications from NGU that the pills did not eliminate. Im on Cephalexin 2g a day now due to sinus surgery I had, so I will see if they kill off anything besides what the usually do.

P.S. On Z-pax I had such bad diarrhea that it irritated my skin to the point of bleeding and  causing a wound on my anus.......3 days of suffering on the toilet. I don't know if this is related to anything but might as well throw it out there. Now its bad gas, bad bloating and urethral, deep close to prostate itching.........great.
actually HHH himself has published on how common ngu is from oral sex.  

taking too much a good thing can also be an issue.  there are reasons why there are dosing instructions even for probiotics. You can actually cause an overgrowth of bacteria with them.  I'd cut back to either just the yogurt at this point just for general bowel health.  

Have you been checked for hemorrhoids and such too?  

grace

Been checked for hemorrhoids a long time ago, got odd 5 minute numbing pain in anus sporadically every month or so. Doc said things looked a little inflamed but not too bad in there. I stopped the bacteria pills after the bladder pain.

I am just wondering why am I getting the lingering sporadic NGU symptom of feeling as if something is in one spot in my urethra, it comes and goes, sometimes not there at all. Im really really staring to get worried about genital HSV-1, it is pretty much the only symptom I have and it so on and off nothing with a concrete timeline.

I want to get tested for syphilis and maybe mycoplasma (that they don't test for here),  Im just at a loss why everything ebbed off totally and now the minor irritation returns (no sexual contact since the oral event). Crappy that there is no real cure for NGU since it could be a whole host of things. Panic is starting to set in for me.
it really doesn't sound at all like hsv1 genitally.  

It's not unusual for a pain syndrome to establish itself after an infection like this in males unfortunately. Throw in inspecting yourself frequently and assuming positions you usually don't and you start using muscles you don't usually use too. Plus once you have pain, you start clenching your pelvic muscles and can cause issues there too.  If you google pelvic pain syndrome in males ( HHH and I have both posted some links in the past to 2 good articles on it - I'm not at home for my links to post them ) it might provide you with some interesting reading too.  

At this point, continue to follow up with an urine test and a prostate exam and go from there. The odds that it's a lingering std are very, very low.

grace
Thank you Grace for your comments.

If and when you have time could you possibly send me the link to Dr. HHH NGU write up? I have seen the Pelvic Pain Syndrome pages refered by Dr. HHH, I realize that stress and anxiety are very possible causes of CPPS, after my event these 2 have been keeping me awake, crying, panicked, cold sweats for almost a month.

Syphilis: still want to get checked for.
Gono/Chlam - Urine shows nothing.
HSV 1 - still just want to check it out since I don't think Ive ever been tested for it (my GP goes by visible symptoms).

I am assuming you know of chronic pain syndrome establishing itself at the site of post infection in males. In your experience does it ebb off over time?

Example: Wake up today - no pain, no nothing, might start for 20-40 minutes then go away for half the day, come back depending how I sit, often very hard to notice. I love how our bodies hate us sometimes.

Thank you again.
Some males have a real problem with getting rid of the altered sensations.  Continue to follow up on this with the urologist and go from there.

grace
Usually 2-3 month wait for urologist. Im in Canada, cannot shop for doctors as in the US.
NGU sometimes does not respond to antibiotics (Z-pac/suprax)? Even if its not HSV or any viral infection?
That's all I wanted to know.

Thank You for your time Grace