STDs Expert Forum
Pain at tip of penis, dark yellow urine, pain in penis after sex

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

This all started when I had unprotected sex with an unknown female.  After a week I had pain in my penis.  I was treated with Z-pack, 2 weeks of doxycycline, 2g one dose of metronidazole, and 4 weeks of cipro.  I still have clear discharge from my penis occasionally.  Additionally I have pain at the tip of my penis occasionally.  I also notice that I have pain in my penis after mastrubation. My urine is dark colored.  Two urinalysis tests have been negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea. My prostate exam was normal.  I am really scared of what this can be.  Could this be trichomonas?  Please help!
With the treatments you have had and the seemingly mild nature  of the persisting symptoms, I'm certainn othing serious is going on.

Whenever any body part is injured--by injury I mean inflamed or infected, as well as traumatized--symtpoms reminiscent of the injury can persist long after healing is complete.  It's worse when overlaid with anxiety, as is very common when sex and the genitals are involved, or when there are fears of something really bad (cancer, AIDS, etc).  People think nothing of it when they sprain an ankle and 2 months later it still hurts, even though the swelling is gone and the doc pronounces it healed.  Try to take the same perspective on your persisting symptoms; over time they probably will fade and in any case nothing harmful is going on.

Dark colored urine is unrelated to genital injury or disease.  It almost always is explained by fluid intake and output--drink more fluids and anyone's urine will be lighter in color.  Other diseases also can cause dark urine, such as hepatitis and other liver problems.  But apparently your urinalysis was normal, so this isn't of any concern.

Regardss--   HHH, MD
MAYBE NON-BACTERIAL PROSTATITIS.LOOK INTO IT(NOT DOCTOR JUST SUGGESTION)
I am hesitant to rule out a bacterial cause, because my urine is cloudy some days, especially when I have pain in the penis.  This seems to happen almost on a weekly basis.
Cloudy urine is not a sign of infection; variation in food and fluid intake are the main cause.  (Diet modifies the urinary concentration of certain salts and urine acid/base balance, which changes the solubility of those salts; in solution-->urine clear, out of solution-->urine cloudy.)  Also, bacterial urinary tract infection doesn't come and go on weekly cycles.

I am quite sure you do not have an infection of any kind.  But as I said, seeing a doctor is the way to go if you have doubts.

HHH, MD
A related discussion, Hotness/Urinating afte Sex. was started.
A related discussion, unprotected sex in bath water was started.
A related discussion, Aft sex urine pain was started.
A related discussion, pain tip of penis was started.
A related discussion, not sure what is the problem was started.